So I don't like New Years Resolutions, but that doesn't mean that I won't be setting goals for myself in the New Year. I could pick eating healthier and dieting, but I think that has been my goal for the past 12 New Years...so....onto bigger and better things, shall we? My goals for the coming year are as follows:
1. Get more organized.
2. Get more organized.
3. Get more organized.
I think you catch my drift. I have never been an organized person and I've always been a procrastinator. It was sort of my guilty pleasure and my way of "living on the edge" (Skydiving? Nah. Motorcycle riding? Nah. I get my kicks being disorganized.). But all of that was before I had kids. Now I have these three beautiful, healthy kiddos who are dependent on me...DEPENDENT on ME....the disorganization Queen. Unfortunately I must admit it has taken a tole on our life at home. It has made for utter chaos, stress and confusion at home. In fact, I avoid being home so that I don't have to deal with it. Now, mind you, most people would say it's not even that bad. But I think that when you have three kids four and under, life is hard enough. Now throw in being disorganized into the mix = catistrophic mental breakdowns on a more frequent basis than I would like (or Jake would like as well I assume).
Remember the snowballing I mentioned? Here we go. Getting more organized may not seem like that important of a goal. But the way I see it is being more organized = people in my home being happier. My kids feeling more secure and feeling like they have more structure. Hearing Mommy and Daddy argue less because things won't be so crazy (they'll just be moderately crazy). And all of these things will lead to my kids being more productive in society, more stable with good values to pass on to the next generation. They will hopefully see Mommy and Daddy working together through chaos and conflict to create an organized, loving, fruitful home and hopefully carry into their own marriage which is now a dying concept.

And that my friends is how I plan on changing the world starting in 2012. One cute little face turned into men and a woman I can be proud of at a time.

No comments:
Post a Comment