Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Disneyland and Peanut Butter

Disneyland and Peanut Butter were the hi-lights of my day today.

Jake and I decided for Christian's birthday this year that instead of buying him another toy that he probably, okay totally, doesn't need, we are going to make a trip to Disneyland before he turns 3 and we have to pay for him :) Because let's face it, Disneyland is ridiculously expensive and we all know that Walt Disney is rolling in his grave at the money grubbing place that has turned into. That aside, we are so excited, PUMPED would be the word, to go! Creating memories at places like that is far better than any toy we could buy him anyway.  Ever since we made the decision to go (at the end of February) Isaiah has been trying to get Christian pumped for it. It's so cute to hear him talk to him like that!

In fact, Isaiah and I are so excited that we measured him today to see if he would be tall enough to be able to go on the rides he wasn't tall enough for last year. I pretty much knew he would be because that kid has grown like a weed the past six months! I just bought him a ton of 4T clothes, and they are already too short on him :( He'll be starting kindergarten this year, crazy! But that's a whole other post. Anyway, he is 41 inches, one inch over what he needs to be for all the cool rides. Woo hoo! Not to mention 1 1/4 inches taller since the last time we measured him in August! Apparently my eyes were accurate when they thought he was a lot taller.

After we measured him he wanted to look at all of the rides he would be able to go on that he couldn't go on last year. Thank God for YouTube when you have demanding toddlers. What did we do when we were little and wanted to know something right then and there? We sure couldn't google it! So the rest of the night we watched YouTube videos of Space Mountain and Thunder Mountain and he proceeded to tell me that he was brave enough and ready to go on those rides, tomorrow! Ummm......try explaining to a 4 year old we still have almost 2 months to go. Not fun. None the less, I loved seeing him get so excited about his first time on those rides! I remember being little and being excited for that too, and now I'm watching my own son get excited for his first rides....wow, I'm getting old :(

While Isaiah and I were having our fun talks about Disneyland, Arielle was having some fun of her own. With the peanut butter. It was awfully quiet in the kitchen where I had last seen her head in the direction of, so I went to check. And this my friends is what I found......




It's a good thing she looked really cute doing it because, let me tell you, that was one interesting shower to give and one not-so-fun mess to clean up! Oh but that face :) It melts me!

No comments:

Post a Comment