Today was awesome. Which is funny because I totally thought it was going to be a mental break down day because we had so much to do! I think being busy kept us from bickering and the kids were all in all pretty good today :) The one sad side of my day was realizing how old Isaiah is and how he's a little boy now, not a baby :(
Isaiah had his four year Well Child Check-up today.He knew what was coming, you know, those fun little things called shots! We had talked about it that morning. He asked what we were doing for the day and I told him we would be going to the doctor. He asked why and I explained it was a check-up. Then he asked the question: "Am I going to get shots?" This was the first time that I had to actually rationally explain them to him and why he had to get them. Jake and I laughed as he literally tried to bargain with us NOT to get shots.
It was such a strange experience for me. Jake stayed out in the waiting room with the other two while I took him back in the room. And we had a full on conversation about his check up and what they would be doing. He made me explain to him why he had to get naked. He said "But Mommy, then they will see my pee-pee and my butt!" Such is life little man, the joys of the doctor! That's kind of how I feel about going for my annual too :) But it was just so weird to see how much he had grown, matured and developed in only a year! He was cracking the nurse and I up with his witty comments and silly faces. My favorite part was at the end when it was time for shots. He literally hid under the table and even Jake could not reach him to get him out. Then he said "Alright, I will come out, but I want the Snoopy band-aids first." Negotiating, maybe he'll be a politician? God I hope not.
After the doctor we went to lunch at Chili's and discovered that Arielle has an amazing grasp on rhythm for her age. Every song that came on, EVERY song, she would start bobbing her head and dancing in her high chair. So cute! And all in all the boys were really good and we had a nice lunch. Afterwards we headed to the park.....and that's where the trouble began. I looked up and saw this:
Christian found a girlfriend. Now, if you know Christian, this is hilarious because he is pretty shy and I have never seen him take interest in girls. But he sure took a liking to this little girl! They were holding hands the WHOLE time we were there! Taking each other places and chatting up a storm. I can honestly say it was one of the cutest things I've ever seen. It made my heart so happy! And scared for the future at the same time. At one point the little girl's dad said "Where is he taking her?" and a Grandpa there said "To Vegas!" Oh boy, please no!
The boys also got hair cuts, and Jake had them cut Christian's hair short this time. I love it and hate it at the same time! Where is my baby? The boys look so much alike now too. Here are my handsome men:


Oh no! Christian's cute hair! Just kidding. :) I pretend your kids can stay little forever too. Your blog makes me want to be hanging out with you!
ReplyDelete