Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year! From Facebook to Blogging.....

Hi. My name is Caytie Kehret, and I am a Facebook addict (duh, aren't we all?). Facebook is like chocolate. I love it while I'm indulging and then I hate it later when I step on the scale. It's so fun to catch up with everyone, share your stories with loved ones and friends, laugh at the funny YouTube videos, stalk people....oops, I  mean, see what people are up to.... Come on, I know that I am not the only one who gets bored at night (a.k.a. procrastinates from the mounds of laundry in my living room) and pokes around people's profiles on Facebook. And you know what? Like eating your weight in holiday treats, it seems like a good idea at the time, and then your pants don't fit and you feel like a lazy lop sitting on the couch weighed down by guilt from over indulgence. That's what Facebook does to me. It makes me feel guilty, it makes me feel lazy and it makes me feel like I could be choosing better things to fill my life plate with. So...on to blogging.

Deciding to quit Facebooking so much made me realize how much I love writing and sharing with family and friends what we are up to. I may not be the best at it, but I've always enjoyed writing. Just because Facebook needs to be dropped like a bad habit, doesn't mean I have to stop sharing, right? Hence the new blog.

Most of you know me, others may just be catching up from high school or being creepy blog stalkers. Either way, let me give you a little peek into my life. I am a stay at home mom of three beautiful, hilarious, trying, crazy, amazing kiddos. All ages four and under. Isaiah is four, Christian will be three in April and my precious baby girl, Arielle, is fifteen months.

The fact that I am a stay at home mom does not surprise me in the least. When I was little, and even when I was in high school, and people would ask me what I wanted to do when I grew up, I always knew I wanted to be a mom. Everything else was sort of a "backup plan". And here I am, blessed times three and so incredibly grateful to be able to stay home with them. Who would have thought that in four years and four months of marriage, I would have three wonderful kids and would experience the most amazing journey ever?!

But wait, there is a tiny catch to that. Who knew that being a mom would be so hard? Who knew that being a mom would require patience you never knew was possible to have? Not me! But out of everything I have experienced in life, nothing, NOTHING, even comes close to the overwhelming joy, love and happiness that comes with being a mom. It truly is impossible to describe or convey the amount of love that overcomes you when you look at your kids (when they're not dumping a whole bag of flour out onto your kitchen floor or painting the bathroom with your makeup and food coloring....warning, motherhood comes with periodic psychotic mental breakdowns).

Like everything in life, motherhood comes with ups and downs and everything in between. That is what this blog will be about. But don't think I'm only going to share the good with you, oh no, I will be sharing the good, the bad and the ugly with you. Why? Because I'm real and I'm honest. Oh, and I'm human. I think it's important for people to know that everyone has their struggles, even those that seem perfect. Thank God for Jesus and his acceptance of us despite all that.

Now.....let's see if I can keep up with this and have more than one post like my last blog.

2 comments:

  1. Good job! I look forward to the "good, bad, and the ugly". Love you all, cousin Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an attentive and real Mommy! Oh and an excellent writer, right up my alley. We have more in common than I thought-our age difference has not changed our way of thinking about our kids <3 Who would have thought that our reality would be so interesting? I already liked you but now I have more of an understanding of you:) I love how you admit just how human you are...

    ReplyDelete